How was FoodZaps founded?
Project FoodZaps started in 2012.
Founder Huey Meng was waiting for his meal for what felt like an eternity when the staff brought him the wrong dish for the second time. Looking around, he noticed the outdated system, understaffed outlet, wondering was he in a museum or a fully functional restaurant.
After chatting with the owner, Huey Meng got the context he needed – upgrading to a more sophisticated automated ordering system required resources beyond the proprietor’s reach and hiring more staff was too costly.
That was it.
What if we could leverage existing technology to create a more efficient, scalable, easy to maintain, and affordable solution?
Android was the obvious platform of choice – flexible and customisable. Today, most smart devices (Phones, Tablets, Wearables, and TVs) are pre-loaded with Android.
With Cloud Technology becoming cost-efficient and scalable, our Team developed a solution that allows you to stay connected even with an unstable internet connection. Our Fail-Safe Hybrid solution is Patent Pending.
FoodZaps is an Android Point Of Sale Platform. We want anyone around the World to benefit from our solution, so we made it available to everyone as an app and simple to setup so you can Do It Yourself.
Smart People. Smart Business.
We are the most Empowering Platform for the F&B industry. Simply Connected with Intelligent Technology.
Progression & Timeline
- Migrated the Server to Amazon EC2
- Pre-Qualified Integrated Solution Provider under Singapore ICV Programme
- FoodZaps Enhanced POS – V3
- Angel Funding – Round 2
- Android PlayStore – 50,000 downloads
- Reseller / Partner Program
- Software As A Service
- FoodZaps V2 – Inventory / Stock Management
- Android PlayStore – 10,000 downloads
- Angel Funding – Round 1
- Patent Pending – Failed Safe
- FoodZaps V1 – Restaurant Ordering System
- Officially Registered in Singapore – FoodZaps Technology Pte. Ltd.
- FoodZaps – laboratory
- FoodZaps – idea